Groomfield Recruitment are looking for a proactive, self-motivated IT Infrastructure Support Engineer to provide IT Support to remote sites, focusing on providing a high level of efficient support to the end user and producing an easily understandable route cause analysis and process guides. Responsible for setting up and supporting the equipment at remote sites. Acting as a figure head in the department, dealing with incidents and requests in a professional and personable manner. If you want to step up your IT career, please apply below.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Installing and configuring software, network peripherals, printers and scanners.
- Interacting with clients and end users to determine synopsis of issues.
- Investigating, diagnosing and resolving computer software and hardware faults.
- Obtaining replacement or specialist components for IT equipment.
- Prioritising tickets in a responsible, efficient manner. Working remotely from main IT department in a responsible manner.
About the candidate:
- A high level of interpersonal skills especially the ability to build rapport and strong durable working relationships quickly
- Good soft skills – written and verbal communication
- Strong documentation skills
- Able to be proactive and work in a disciplined manner
- Must have relevant experience working in a similar environment
- In depth knowledge of all Windows OS. (MAC also would be beneficial)
- Knowledge of Exchange server
- Experience of rolling out software patches to physical hardware
- VMware knowledge
- Knowledge of SQL and Unix preferable
- Good understanding of IT security (Desirable)
Must have a driving license and own vehicle
- Generous starting salary
- Pension scheme
- Paid for certifications
- All expenses paid
- 25 days + bank holidays!
The client is looking to interview for this role immediately, so please apply ASAP or get in touch to discuss in further detail, alternatively you can send your CV directly to me at billy @ groomfield . co . uk