Are you looking for the next big step in your career??
Groomfield Recruitment are looking to recruit a Systems Test & IT Support Manager for their valued client based in Leicester to start ASAP on a permanent basis.
- Responsible for development and support of new and existing products, specializing in Electronics and Firmware (Embedded).
- Leading product embedded development, ensuring best practice and continuous improvement throughout the team.
- Ensuring quality and leading edge solutions for the electronic monitoring market is delivered production ready and on time for manufacturing.
- A leader with the ability to direct in firmware and analogue, digital and RF design solutions.
- Ability to manage a highly skilled engineering R&D team, with modern development techniques such as Agile.
- Problem solving and ability to resolve in-field customer issues.
- Regular reporting to the CTO, ensuring clear visibility of progress and issues within the department
- Lead the team to develop excellent, robust, reliable and easy to use new products
- Ensure that new products quickly reach the market
- To gain strong understanding of customer requirements, ensuring products are best in class.
- Provide weekly reports on progress, issues and technical details.
- Develop new IP and ensure protection either with patents and/or confidentiality agreements.
- To ensure that all department products and processes adhere to the business security guidelines and policies.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the technology sectors applicable to the business’ current and future products.
- Ensure all products are fully documented and archived.
- Ensure all products designed and meet necessary approvals for operation and sales internationally.
- Ensure that all products are fully type approved to ensure that they meet all aspects of functionality and performance as defined in the requirements specification.
- Provide technical support to operations and production teams to ensure products are understood and can be correctly manufactured, tested and maintained.
- Manage team appraisals, absence and performance management.
Skills / Experience:
- Excellent development management and team leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Degree or equivalent in Electronics or Firmware related course.
- Right first time mentality
- Experience in the electronic Monitoring market.
- QMS systems
- Proven Agile development or use of process driven approaches.
- Proven security driven approaches to development
£60,000 – £70,000 + 15% bonus and Car Allowance
Please apply if you are interested in this fantastic opportunity