Groomfield Recruitment are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of our client based in Minworth for a Shipping Administrator to join their existing team.
The role is due to growth and our client are looking for the right candidate to join on a permanent basis.
Duties for the position of Shipping Administrator include:
- Allocate work to production facility
- Create BOLs (Bill of Landing) for all works orders accurately and efficiently
- Obtain costs and quotes for each delivery
- Negotiate rates with hauliers and freight forwarders
- Ensure all paperwork is processed in line with promise dates
- Create shipping headers and produce all relevant export/UK shipping documentation
- Communicate with outside haulage and shipping companies to ensure a smooth handover of the goods takes place with all necessary documentation provided
- Communicate with the despatch team to ensure the correct material is pulled and loaded
- Ensure freight costs are correct and added to the system to ensure goods can be invoiced correctly by finance
- Identify any issues and resolve them before for the goods leave
- Previous experience within UK & European Shipping
- Strong administration skills as well as knowledge/previous use of Microsoft
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Good with numbers and mathematical equations
- The ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and able to use initiative
- Monday to Friday 9am until 5pm
- Permanent contract with a salary of £20,945
- Free car parking
- Excellent company benefits
Please apply with your CV. A member of our team will review your skills and experience against the criteria required for the role. Please be aware if successful, you will be contacted within three working days.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Groomfield Recruitment.
Please be advised that our client can only accept applications from candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom.
Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit, or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply, as your details will not be processed