Groomfield Recruitment is proud to be working with an outstanding Solihull based business to support them with the recruitment of a Transport Administrator on a FULL TIME, PERMANENT basis.
The main purpose of the Transport Administrator is to organise the day to day collection and delivery of vehicles to designated locations.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, duties will include but not be limited to –
- Monitor hauler activity on a daily basis ensuring all subcontractors are providing collection and delivery information to the department in a timely manner.
- Ensuring data flows between systems used within the transport department are maintained with accuracy.
- Where directed, liaise with internal customer services departments to resolve queries
- Day to day contact with transport contractors ensuring that service levels are maintained in the field.
- Build strong working relationships with contractors and field operatives
- Monitor secondary activities tied to vehicle movements and collate reports to distribute both internally and externally
- Assist in monitoring and actioning emails directed into the department
- Pay an active role in supporting other departments within Central Transport when requested. This may include holiday cover.
- Respond to internal and external transport inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Take responsibility for accuracy in system use.
- Ensure that POD’s are added to the system daily as they arrive if manual. Also ensuring additional detail surrounding movements is recorded on the system accurately.
- Manual collation of collection and delivery paperwork.
- Play an active part in the team responsibility to deliver company objectives
- Take collective responsibility for operational requirements of the department under the direction of the Transport Manager
The successful applicant will be an effective communicator who is able to build strong relationships.
In return a salary of £18,000 per annum is offered, working Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm, with a 30-minute lunch break.