Groomfield Recruitment are proud to be working with an outstanding Solihull based business to support them with the recruitment of a Driver / Transport Planner on a FULL TIME, PERMANENT basis.
Reporting to the Team Leader, duties will include but not be limited to –
- Book work to the drivers throughout the day
- To be aware of client’s requirements when allocating drivers
- To be aware of individual drivers’ skills and abilities
- Search for extra drivers who are available
- Co-ordinate breakdowns
- Enforce the company’s driver code of conduct to ensure a smart professional work force
- Inform recruitment of any leavers
- Inform of any problems or delays/ failures
- Liaise with administration department to resolve driver pay issues / queries
- Deal with complaints from drivers
- Ensure all work is planned in accordance with Customer Service level Agreements.
- Ensure all the jobs/movements on the system are planned and allocated to the available driver workforce.
- To be aware of clients’ requirements when allocating drivers (time restraints, time windows and expectations, EPOD requirements)
- To be aware of Customer/Business access constraints.
- Respond quickly to real-time events (Auto-route) such as traffic delays, breakdowns and last-minute requests
- To be aware of individual drivers’ skills and abilities (licence type), balance driver hours (WTD) and balance pay for drivers.
- Search for extra drivers who are available to cover additional jobs/movements
- Re-plan the job movements, where required, due to failures, aborts, breakdowns, etc.
- Liaise with Management to ensure driver coverage is at optimum levels and to discuss recruitment requirements.
- Reduce travel expenses and travelling distance between jobs.
- Such other duties as may reasonably be requested
The successful applicant will be an experienced planner with knowledge of the road links in the UK. A confident communicator who is self-motivated and proactive.
In return a salary of £22,500 per annum is offered, working 8.30am to 6.30pm, with a 20-minute break plus a 30-minute lunch break. Working days are 4 days on and 4 days off so will include weekends.